Gained some extra weight in this lockdown? Then, skating can be the perfect exercise plus sport for you to shed some extra pounds as well as look cool. Whether you are buffy, bulky, or skinny, skating is for every type of body. If your body shape is on the heavier side, you just need a different set-up skateboard.
Although there are thousands of “best skateboard for heavy riders” in the market, we did in-depth research plus checked the rider’s reviews and feedback, so we can promise you that, our reviews won’t be biased or unreliable.
We have three lists” best skateboard for big guys”, some random common questions, and buying guide in this article, to understand thoroughly. Now, Let’s hurry up and get started!
Review of the 6 Best Skateboard for Big Guys
We have now come to the main segment of this content. To keep this content simple and straight, we have selected only 6 items. Now we will explain the products with proper details. So, hop in with us.
1. WhiteFang Skateboards for Beginners
- Measurement: 31.75″ x 7.88″
- Material: 7-ply Canadian Maple Wood.
- Supporting Weight: Maximum 300lbs.
- The 52mm(95A) PU wheels with ABEC-9 precision bearings make the ride smooth and speedy.
- 5″ Magnesium Alloy trucks are attached that are suitable for beginners or kids.
- The black & white catchy graphic design looks super cool regardless of any age.
If we talk about “best skateboard for 300 pounds”, then we can’t overlook the WhiteFang brand. This 31.75″ x7.88″ body skateboard is built with toughness and the ability to hold weight.
Build with 7-layered Canadian Maple wood, this skateboard is heavily built and durable for a long time. The concave design on this board makes it easier to learn and master different tricks regardless of age or weight.
This fabulous board can hold up to 300 pounds once. The skateboard is infused with 5″ alloy trucks with 52mm PU wheels. The sturdy wheels allow rolling over any kind of surface.
2. Nattork Skateboard Beginners Skateboards
- Material: 9-layer Canadian Maple Wood
- Measurement: 31″ x 8″
- Supporting Weight: Maximum 300lbs.
- The 5″ Magnesium alloy trucks help to keep the balance between weight and toughness.
- Infused with 95A PU wheels with ABEC-11 precision bearings that ensure speed and smooth ride.
- Double kick concave design helps to master up any tricks or learn new tricks.
Have a great and stable ride with the 31″ Nattork Skateboard. The long deck alongside the width makes it ideal for one of the best skateboards for big feet. However, kids or teenagers within (6-22) years old with a maximum 300lbs weight are suitable for this board.
The graphic design of this board is cool regardless of gender and age. Build with 9-ply Canadian Maple wood and 95A PU wheels, this board screams with superiority within the crowd.
To keep balance, absorb shock, stable riding and for fun exercise, there is no compatible board. This board is ideal for any level of riders, beginner or professional. Kids can completely control their balance, slide into any direction, and master tricks.
3. Ko-On Complete Skateboard
- Supporting Weight: Maximum 275lbs.
- Material: 6-ply Canadian Maple Deck
- Measurement: 22.05″ x 6″
- The board has 90A PU wheels with ABEC-9 precision bearings that offer a smooth ride.
- 3.25″ Magnalium Alloy truck ensures balance and long-time use.
Our article today is about big guys, so how can we not mention our chubby little kids? Yes, this mini cruiser skateboard is specifically made for our chubby babies. This cute shark graphic-designed mini skateboard is beginner level but can handle your kids’ weight very well.
This 22″ length skateboard can hold a weight up to 275lbs. With a stable and sturdy construction, this board has anti-slip emery paper with a cool graphic sticker. This skateboard is waterproof designed and has fastness heat-transfer technology.
The mini skateboard is easier to handle for the kids for its lightweight and portability. Plus, it secures the balance of kids and helps them to learn or master the coolest tricks.
4. Benewell Skateboard
- Measurement: 31″ x 8″.
- Supporting Weight: Maximum 330lbs(150kg)
- Material: 7-layer high-density Canadian Maple Deck.
- High rebound Polyurethane wheels with mute ABEC-7 bearings offer the board anti-shock, anti-wear, and anti-resistance.
- The double kick concave design helps to perform tricks, hold better control, and is easy to brake.
Next up, here is the atom bomb of our list Benewell Skateboard which is one of the best review on pintail skateboard for heavy riders. This skateboard is ideal for freestyle or cruising for any angle or level skilled riders.
The beautiful blue graphic design of this board looks aesthetically pleasing and fits any age or gender riders. This 31″ long skateboard has a high-density wooden construction with polyurethane wheels. The double kick design helps the rider to kick or flip easily.
The surface of the board is covered with anti-slip and waterproof emery grip tape which secures the user and makes their ride safe, stable, comfortable, and better experience.
5. PHOEROS Standard Skateboard
- Material: 7-layer Canadian Maple Wood
- Measurement: 31″ x 8″ x 4″
- Supporting Weight: Up to 220lbs.
- The double wrapped design makes the skateboard more advanced in performing tricks or improving street-skating.
- The non-slip and waterproof emery grip tape makes the skateboard safe for the rider to use.
- 53mm(95A) PU wheels with ABEC-11 precision bearings offers speedy gliding with the smoothest ride.
Introducing a gorgeous skateboard with ultimate beauty with excellent features. Welcome PHOEROS Skateboard which is suitable for kids, adults, men, or women with 220lbs fit. The skateboard is superior in keeping balance and having stable rides.
The 31″ length deck is ideal for tall and big guys to ride comfortably by maintaining their balance. Also, there is no risk of slipping out the board surface as it has non-slip grip tape on the full surface.
The thick aluminum alloy trucks help to strengthen the ability of skateboards with stability. The rebound polyurethane wheels grip on any kind of road and roll smoothly.
6. FISH Standard Skateboard
- Material: 7-ply Canadian Maple Wood
- Measurement: 31″ x 8″
- Supporting Weight: Maximum 330lbs.
- It has 52mm shock-absorbent wheels with ABEC-9 bearings for smooth and stable gliding on any surface.
- 5″ Aluminum alloy trucks make the board safe and sturdy for beginner pr professional riding.
- A non-slip emery grip tape is covered on the whole board surface for the rider’s firm grip.
FISH Skateboard deserves to be on this list for its all splendid features. As for, this 7-layered Canadian Maple wood board is one of the best skateboards for fat guys. For beginners or big guys, this board is ideal because of the 31″ x 8″ body.
On the front of the board, it has a slick black matte look and on the backside, it has a gorgeous colorful graphic design that can attract people and look super cool. Unlike some other boards, this excellent piece can hold 330lbs which is perfect for a big or tall guy.
The PU wheels with precision bearings offer anti-shock while giving the standard friction with the ground. Plus, you can ride on any kind of ground with this sturdy and stable board.
Now here are some notable features that you’ve to check out before buying a skateboard for tall or overweight guys. Please don’t skip this part-
If you’re a heavyweight or tall skater, you’ve to be careful about the deck material as that’s the first thing that will support your whole body and keep balance. For heavy guys, maple wood and bamboo-made skateboards are the best choices.
Also, get one with a 7 or 8-ply deck, as they provide the best support for the rider and hold them easily. You can also see some mixed components decks, you can choose those, as they are super durable.
The wheels must be tough to hold and balance the heavy rider’s weight. So, buy a skateboard with more compressed wheels, the grip will be stable and the ride can ride smoothly. Remember that, the wheel’s durometer should be 80 and the diameter should be 70mm for a smooth and safe ride.
Trucks are responsible for the flips, tricks, or turns of the skateboard. So, if you are a heavy rider, then you must choose a high-quality truck that’ll be flexible enough to make easily turn, flip or brake when necessary.
Bearings help the wheels to roll easily avoiding the frictions in road and wheels. However, it’s the ideal size for heavy guys to choose 8mm measurement bearings as they are the best at tolerance and durability.
There are soft and hard bushings. If you’re a heavy rider, you must choose hard bushings, as they offer more stable and flexible gliding. Riders over 150lbs should choose to the bush of 93A.
FAQs on the Best Skateboard for Big Guys
Which are the best skateboards for big guys?
Here is the list of some best products-
1. Santa Cruz VX Skateboard
2. WhiteFang Skateboard
3. FISH Standard Skateboard
4. Benwell Skateboard
5. Ko-on Complete Skateboard
Can an overweight person handle a skateboard?
They can. Skateboard is for all ages, all gender, and all types of bodies. So, if you’re an overweight rider, just make sure that you bought the perfect skateboard for you which is wide and long. A smaller skateboard can’t handle a big guy or overweight.
How heavy is too heavy to ride a skateboard?
Well, it’s considered that weight over 250lbs is too heavy to ride a skateboard, especially if they want to perform tricks. As overweight people have less flexibility on their lower half than skinny people. Plus, it’s also hard for overweight people to ride skateboards.
Can I lose weight by skating?
Yes, you can. Skating one hour can burn 300-500 calories in your body, so if you begin to skate, you’ll see drastic positive changes in your figure. As, in skateboard full-body works, so the rider has to make a leaner body to perform.
Now, that’s a wrap! Skateboarding is one of the proven ways to lose weight effectively. So, whatever is your body shape, it doesn’t matter. You can skate for pleasure, for passion, for fun, or for losing weight. You’re free to choose.
As we’ve included all the reviews and tips for the big guys riding necessary, now just choose one as your height & weight and roll on street!